Pet Sitters And Pet Parents – Holiday Hazards For The Pets In Your Life

Having had my own pet sitting business for several years, I found that during the Holidays of the year, pet parents need to be extra careful to protect their animals. Holidays tend to be the busiest times of the year for a pet sitter. Pet parents leave their homes and sitters need to be on the lookout for potential dangers. Pet parents and pet sitters both need to be reminded of these dangers. I found many items at my client’s homes that all pet owners and pet sitters could be potential dangerous.

Valentine’s Day: Beware of flowers and candy. Many types of flowers and plants found in bouquets are harmful to dogs and cats if ingested. Chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors and seizures and, in severe cases, chocolate poisoning can be fatal.

Easter: The fake “grass” used in Easter baskets may look appetizing to your pets but it can obstruct their intestines if ingested. Also, small toys & plastic items, such as

Scroll to Top